Saturday, February 25, 2012

My new favorite place..my crafting space!

Hi everyone!

I thought I would share with you all (and with the judges of a contest at "Craftbaby") my crafting space! Here is where I get down and dirty with everything from sculpting clay to fat quarters of fabric to Mod Podge galore!! After years of hauling my crafting supplies around in plastic bins from garage to garage, I FINALLY have a fully dedicated space to let loose and get creative!! 
 The room is a bit awkward to photograph, so this is taken from the entry door, but as you can see, IKEA outfit me with wonderful storage! The Expedit series is so versatile-I highly recommend it! You might notice I'm in the middle of cutting fabric for the twin duvet covers I hope to piece together with Jill Blissenbach next week! It's a lot of measuring!
 No craft room would be complete without Christmas lights!! Also, I broke down and bought a ribbon holder, which I haven't put up yet (lower right corner) and I used the lower rod for a large roll of scratch paper for practice sketches and for the nieces when they come to visit and want to draw! I have also loaded my craft room with every fabulous RomCom that I could watch one billion times (including "Bridesmaids", "When Harry Met Sally" and "Music and Lyrics" to name a few!) as well as old 80's and 90's sitcom DVDs because you can just NEVER have enough of those!
 LOVE the magnetic strips from IKEA! They work GREAT for scissors and the spice tins are wonderful for small pieces such as tacks, bottle caps, etc. I found the buckets at Goodwill for $.50 each!
All of the containers I'm using (except for the IKEA bins) are from either the Dollar Store or Goodwill. I've got containers of EVERY size and shape, and I find I'm always running out of them!!!
 So just in case you were curious what I'm up to these days, I'm working on making a banner for my son's "Monster Mash" 1st Birthday party in mid-March. So I've been cutting out felt "monsters" and practicing! I hope to make themed monster cupcakes, and Elmo cake (he was a monster after all!) and put out supplies so participates can make their own "monsters" using velcro to attach arms, legs, eyes, etc. We'll see how it turns out!
And of course.. I'm CUTTING FABRIC like a crazy person!!! I promised Jill I would be DETAILED and careful with the measurements, and there is ALOT to cut, hence why I'm awake at 1:44 AM rather than sleeping!! But I'm so excited about the duvet covers! I can't wait to finish them and share them with you!

So what does your craft space look like?? Or better yet, what does your DREAM craft space look like? I have TONS of inspiration ideas pinned to my boards on Pinterest if you're looking for inspiration! And I'd love to hear your ideas!!

'Night all!

2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic Sonja! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love your craft space. All those supplies...right at your fingertips?? Lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete