So things have been progressing on both the GAME ON: MN style front AND the crafty front as well.. here's the update!
- GET LUCKY 7k...DONE!! I completed my first 7k (4.3 miles) race on St. Patty's Day alongside my dear friend and dynamo-doula Stacy Nathan!! It was a personal best for me on several levels- the longest race I've ever run/completed and the best time (10:39 min/mile!) I've ever done!!! It was tough, but it felt AWESOME... and it was a blast to see almost 8,000 runners in their Irish duds and hear Irish music along the way!! It was also pretty perfect weather-wise at a balmy 60 degrees- in MARCH.... Here is a "before" and "after" pic of Stacy and I!
Here is our "before" pic!!
And our "after" with Sir Cooper (our official mascot in his "Kiss me I'm Irish" t-shirt!!)
- As for GAME ON: MN style- Despite my running "high" I've hit a plateau with my weight loss. We are almost done with round 2 and I've maintained my weight loss of 6 lbs. total, but I've been pretty disappointed in my motivation to take things to the next "level"to really move my weight loss along. So I'm preparing for round 3 and hoping to really PUSH myself to lose another 5 lbs and edge close to my goal!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
- On the crafty front-I think it's *official*- I'm tiptoeing into "quilter" territory!! My friend Jill has been helping me with the initial stages of constructing two duvet coverlets with "quilted" tops for our new lake home guest beds. I've gotten pretty gung-ho about it and I'm excited to see the finished product! Here is an "in progress"photo as I sew the pieces of my squares together! Expect more updated photos of my squares later this week!
- So I also signed up for a beginner quilting class at a nearby quilt shop. We'll see how it goes, but I figure at least it will offer me some pointers on how to use my sewing machine a bit better and give me a taste for what quilting is all about!
- Alright, last update here... I just have to throw this in... as you may remember, my husband and I were able to purchase a lake home in Biwabik, MN (near Giant's Ridge ski area) and we've been busy painting up a storm, hunting down furniture and trying to make it our sanctuary away from the craziness of suburban life- so my OTHER crafty projects (distressing/painting picture frames, making "ski" and "paddle" coasters, etc.) have been centered on the cabin-more on those later!! But here is my HUBBY'S project (I'm a proud wifey!) from last week, still in progress!
No, he didn't build the kitchen, but he DID install the "airstone" backsplash! It's actually a styrofoam product that looks like stone-it's his first attempt and I thought he did quite well!! It gives our kitchen a great northwoods feel!!! Oh, and here is a view of outside.. 70 degrees.. in Northern MN.. in MARCH!!!
Ok, and here's just one more cute photo I had to share! My sweet pup koopa snoozin' a few nights ago... Alright, that oughtta catch you all up for a bit!